Join the Board
Internals Competitions Committee
- The Internal Competition Sub-Committee oversees four competitions open to all ASU law students. Sub-Committee members are tasked with coordinating the schedule, contacting judges, and preparing for the competitions. These internal competitions are an excellent opportunity for students to get a taste of oral advocacy at any stage of their law school career.
External Competitions Committee
- The External Competitions Sub-Committee is responsible for coordinating all external competitions. Students sign up or try out to participate in competitions against other law schools. Sub-Committee members ensure teams follow the proper procedure for signing up for competitions. Additionally, they review applications for funding, help teams find coaches, and search for potential competitions with student interest.
Marketing and Outreach Committee
- The Marketing and Outreach Sub-Committee recruits lawyers and judges from the community to serve as judges in internal competitions. Sub-Committee members work with law firms in the area and community members to coordinate sponsored competitions. Sub-Committee members also design flyers, daily disclosure posts, and additional outward-facing content.
Problem Drafting Committee
- The Problem Drafting Sub-Committee drafts problems for Moot Court Internal Competitions. Sub-Committee members also assist in the sale of any previously used problems. This vital committee helps ensure our internal competitions have rigorous and complex legal questions.
- The Recruitment Sub-Committee is tasked with recruiting from the student body for Moot Court sub-committees and internal competitions. Sub-Committee members also help recruit judges for the Southwest Mock Trial Competition.
Technology and Historical Records Sub-Committee
- The Technology and Historical Records Sub-Committee maintains the Moot Court Board website and updates records of previous internal and external competition winners. This includes updating lists of team members and collecting records of moot court membership.
Hosted Competitions Sub-Committee
- The Hosted Competitions Sub-Committee is responsible for coordinating the Southwest Mock Trial Competition. This task includes hosting tryouts, finding coaches, and performing administrative work to ensure the competition is successful.
To apply to join the Executive Moot Court Board, please contact Recruitment Chair Will Bassoff at email@example.com.